The Black Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dream, A story I wrote

2 posters

Go down

The Dream, A story I wrote Empty The Dream, A story I wrote

Post by spaceplanet Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:26 am

The man just seemed to look off into the darkness for a long time. I am still not sure what to think of him. “Well” I started, “What was it about?”
“I don’t really remember that well.” the man replied
“Then why are you in my office if you don’t remember what you are so afraid of?”
“I know it was a dream!”
“Well thats a start, what was the dream about?”
“I don’t remember.”
I always want to pull my hair out and scream when I get clients like this, they get one bad sleep and off to the therapist. “What do you remember then?”
“All I remember that it was that I was absolutely terrified and disgusted with myself when I woke up. I haven’t felt like this after waking up since I was a boy.”
“What happened when you were a boy?”
“My brother died.”
“Did this dream have anything to do with your brother?”
“No I dont think so,” the man said looking back into the darkness “I would have remembered that.”
“Okay is there any way that I can help you remember?”
“What if you hypnotize me, I hear that helps.”
“I can try, you need to cooperate though, it won’t work unless you do.”
“Definitely, I want to get to the bottom of this dream.”
“Okay, I want you to breathe, in and out, in and out, in and out. Good, now David I want you to go back to your dream last night. Can you do that for me David?”
“mhmh,” David mumbled.
“Now David, want you to tell me what happened in your dream”
“Well Doctor, I was walking to my car, the body was in my arms, I didn’t have any control it wa...”
“The body?”
“Yes Doctor the body.”
“Is this where the dream started David?”
“No Doctor.”
“Can you take me to when the dream started then David?”
“Yes Doctor. Well I went to bed at half past nine just like any other night; I fell asleep just like any other night; I started to dream just like any other night. It was a dream like every other dream doctor. I woke up after that but... ”
“Well David, if you woke up what happened then that made you so afraid?”
“I am just getting there doctor. I didn’t really wake up you see. It was a dream within a dream. Does that make sense doctor? This dream was nothing like what I normally dream. It was really... weird. I was awoken by this hand. It was covered in blood and was creasing my cheek. The person who’s hand it belonged to was saying “Wake up my sweet David, wake up! It is a new day and we have things to do.” I looked at the man. He seemed familiar, like I had seen him before, but I did not recognize him. He had shoulder length black oily hair, which framed his extremely bony hollowed out face.
I really jumped when I saw him. My heart raced and my breath quickened. The man with hollowed out face just looked at me and smiled. He had the perfect smile. He reached out to me with his bloody hand and calmly said “Good morning my darling David. Did I scare you?”
“Nn-nn-noooo” I exclaimed with a shaking voice “Hh-how did you g-gg-get in here?
“That does not matter David, all that matters is that we have work to do today. Now up!” Something in his voice, maybe the order he took in it made me obey. I did not have a choice.
“I have been watching you David. You know that?”
“W-w-what, w-why?”
“Because David, I am...”
“You are what?! My Mother? My Father? I want an answer you lunatic” The man just smiled and caressed my face again with his bloodied hand. I snatched his hand and looked square into his eyes, they too were black, black as death. The man did not resist me, but instead, he continued to smile and started to laugh. It was not a chuckle, but a long cackle. It was very painful to listen to doctor.
The man finished laughing and commented “Why my dear David I just don’t think you are taking good enough care of yourself. I am just concerned about you.”
“And who do you think you are!” I was gaining confidence “being concerned about me? I am a grown man, and I have never met the likes of you!”
The man just smiled again and I for some reason let go of his hand, he caressed my cheek again and this time whispered in my ear “Haven’t you realized yet David... I am you, and you are equally me.”
“What!” I screamed “This is the biggest nonsense that ever I heard! How can I look at myself besides in the mirror? You cannot be me nor can I be you! It just does not happen!”
“Yes David, it does happen” the man said in almost a whisper. There was a knock at the door, and the man looked at me and said “go answer the door David.”
“If you are me,” I said in a whisper so the person at the door would not hear, “go answer it yourself, they won’t notice a difference.”
“Go David!” The man yelled. I again had no choice, something inside me made me go answer it. There was another loud bang at the door. I answered it.
“Do you have any idea what time it is?” The lady yelled, she was my neighbour and had obviously just crawled out of bed.
“No Mrs. Smith, I am so sorry, did I wake you?”
“Not just me, my children too!” She continued to yell. I could feel the man’s breath on my neck, but for some reason Mrs.Smith did not see him “It is four in the morning. I have to work today! You... you “She stabbed her finger in my chest, forcing me backwards into my apartment. “You just wake up and start ranting and raving at four in the morning! You should have some respect! “David placed a knife in my hand. “I bet you don’t have an IQ of two!” Mrs. Smith noticed the knife, “D-d-avid what is the kn-nife for?” She looked terrified. David grabbed my hand firmly and forced it into her chest, not once by twice.
“Good David. Now was that fun?” the man asked in a joyful, yet taunting tone. I was really afraid. I just stood there.
“No, It wasn’t! I want you to leave!” I said barely above a whisper
“With the body? No, the fun is just beginning” He made me pick her up, and put her in the trunk of my car. That is when I woke up doctor.”
I looked at my patient, he still looked into the darkness, tears were falling down his face “Awake now David” I said calmly. I did not know what to think of what he just told me. David jumped with a start, obviously coming to his senses.
“What happened doctor? Did you find out what it was?”
“Yes, I do believe I have. David, do you have a brother?”
“I used to. He died a number of years ago though.”
“David you never had a brother.”
“What, of course I did! We grew up together!” he was really starting to get confused.
“David you never did.” I decided to leave it there “David in your dream you put something in the trunk of your car, I think it would really help you if we went and looked” David just nodded and we walked to his car, he opened his trunk, and there lay Mrs Smith.
spaceplanet
spaceplanet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Dream, A story I wrote Empty Re: The Dream, A story I wrote

Post by TheBlackenedRose Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:45 pm

OH MY! This is amazing. One of the best I have ever read, and I've read alot.
TheBlackenedRose
TheBlackenedRose
Admin
Admin

https://theblackrose.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spaceplanet Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank you, I based it off a screen play I wrote.
spaceplanet
spaceplanet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum