The Black Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anonymous, Terrorist, or Freedom Fighter?

2 posters

Go down

Anonymous, Terrorist, or Freedom Fighter? Empty Anonymous, Terrorist, or Freedom Fighter?

Post by spaceplanet Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:24 am

The co-op of the two hackavist organizations, Anonymous and LulzSecurity have in recent months taken credit for a number of attacks on both government and private organizations. The attacks have included DOS (Denial of Service) attacks against PayPal, Amazon, MasterCard, Visa, and the public facing CIA website, rendering them all offline for several hours. As well as copying thousands of files from Sony, FBI and NATO contractors, and more than 70 small-town law enforcement agencies.
In all of the DOS attacks the websites were not defaced in any way, but being offline for several hours has cost all of the corporations involved significant losses. However, in the attack against Sony, thousands of credit card numbers, along with other personal information was stolen and published on the internet, followed by the Playstation Network being offline for over a month for an upgrade in security.
Both Anonymous and LulzSecurity are reportedly run without a leader and are therefore highly unorganized, one look at LulzSecurity’s website will show that they don’t even take themselves seriously. On July 14th though, the fun and games stopped after 14 suspected Annonomous members, one as young as 16 were arrested. This caused for Anonymous to call all out war against the government.
The Co-op hacked into online security contractors for NATO, The FBI and U.S. Defence, State and Justice Departments where they obtained 400MB of data. Within a week of the attack, the director of the US Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), a unit in the Department of Homeland Security, Randy Vickers resigned for unknown reasons.
In a recent message posted on Anonymous’ Pastebin blog, it said “We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you can possibly to do make us stop.” The message went on to say that people do not behave like bandits if they have no reason to and that they “become bandits on the Internet because you have forced [their] hand.”
After talking to a few of the members of Anonymous, a much different picture is painted of the hackavists. One where they are freedom fighters, fighting for a better tomorrow, and a freer world. One of the members who goes by the name Roberto Carlos when asked why he supports Anonymous responded “I believe that there is something worth fighting for. Very few causes motivate me quite as much as free speech and democracy. We hope to bring to light the errors of the government. We want the people to wake up from the daze that the world has fallen into, and see things for what they really are.” While another who goes by the name Jacob McDonald responded "there is no forgiving the corruption, and we do not forget it either. Every day we are reminded of it. I am a lover, but I will fight for what I love as well. I will not just give up on it." When asked if he thinks if the movement is working Roberto responded “I do believe it is working, our websites gain people every minute.”
spaceplanet
spaceplanet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anonymous, Terrorist, or Freedom Fighter? Empty Re: Anonymous, Terrorist, or Freedom Fighter?

Post by Mad_Dog Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 pm

I support Anonymous in their efforts. They have the right of free speech and free action. The government nor any other person of authority will ever take that away. They should not act like they have the power to do so, either. I think what Anonymous is doing is just and fair.
Mad_Dog
Mad_Dog

http://xmaddogx123.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Anonymous, Terrorist, or Freedom Fighter? Empty Re: Anonymous, Terrorist, or Freedom Fighter?

Post by spaceplanet Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:34 pm

It was really interesting when I wrote this. It was a project for journalism 12. I had to investigate so I went and interviewed them. I really stand for the cause... I am a bit bitter with them, releasing the SIN of police though.
spaceplanet
spaceplanet
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Dog Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Hm, that's very cool.

When there are police involved in a protest... Or even a rave, it gets pretty violent. :\
Mad_Dog
Mad_Dog

http://xmaddogx123.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum